Thursday 4 July 2013

Letting go....no, REALLY letting go.



Letting go....no, REALLY letting go.

Each morning I go through my morning routine, which starts out very quiet and relaxed. The final part of my morning routine is taking my daughter to school, usually in a rush and usually with her quickly explaining the new revelation on her Pokemon/Minecraft/etc game.  By the time I say goodbye at the school gates it's about 8:50am - I walk home, in a rush and with my mind spinning through the day's To Do list.  Sometimes I walk to the shop - in a rush with mind spinning through a shopping list.  It seems the whole morning creeps into a resulting crescendo and once I'm in that state of flurry, I'm trapped - no way out.  

So I have another routine for the walk back (that is, if I remember in my mindless state).  First, I slow down my walking pace and my breathing.  This tricks my mind into thinking I'm no longer in a hurry.  Then I begin the process of letting go - letting go of lists, letting go of complaints, letting go of expectations, letting go of all mind clutter.  I get 10 minutes of walking, 10 minutes of letting go, before I reach back home.  But ideally, I try to let go in a second - REALLY let go, so that I can enjoy those precious 10 minutes of peace, completely free from stress, free from effort,  free from myself and the expectations I place on myself.


Om shanti.

Thank you for reading. For more information on Raja Yoga philosophy see www.brahmakumaris.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment