Monday 22 December 2008

A lesson in independence...



Hello everyone! I'm back blogging and it feels great. Have I missed it? Yes. I've had several blogs running through my mind over the past few weeks and had I had time to pen them, I would have. But those tidbits will have to wait until another time.

Recently, a friend of mine asked me, 'How can you remain light when you have to depend on other people?' The answer? Don't be dependent! It was a glib answer and is not so helpful when you consider that the body needs to eat and needs clothing (at least during UK winters), etc. Yes, the body is quite dependent on a lot. But the soul is not dependent on anything. The soul needs nothing. It has no need for food or clothing or cars. It has no use for them even. When I remember that I am a soul and that I am only visiting this body, then I am no longer dependent on anything. Not even the body.

Ok, the soul requires the body for action, etc. But the soul is eternal. Bodies come and go, but the soul lives on regardless. The soul does not NEED action. The soul does not NEED the body. When I have this realization, then I am completely free. I am no longer slave to those things which I felt dependency. I am no longer needing Tom and MySpace. In fact, I no longer NEED to blog!

This is not an easy realization to digest. What does it mean to be soul conscious vs. body conscious? This is where our effort lies. However, when we have that feeling of soul consciousness, there is nothing like it. I wish this feeling for everyone. And then I wish everyone to feel it constantly.

Thanks for your kind emails. All is well and I should be permently moved back into the house by the end of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment